Winter Salt Training for Parking Lots, Driveways, Sidewalks & Trails
Attendees must pre-register here.
Event Cost: Free (Lunch will be available for an extra fee.)
This training meets the requirements for the NEW Winter Salt Certification program.
Who should attend?
- Municipal and Private Winter Maintenance Professionals
- Snowplow drivers (municipal and private)
- School District Maintenance Staff
- Staff Who Maintain Snow Removal Equipment
- Selection and Application Rates of Materials (NEW application rates developed by Dane County advisory team)
- How to Calibrate Equipment
- Weather Conditions
- Storing Materials
- Environmental Effects
- Funding to Implement Salt Reduction Practices
The City of Madison is hosting a training for winter maintenance professionals who remove snow, apply road salt or maintain snow removal equipment used on parking lots, driveways, sidewalks and trails. The training will include: best management practices to keep paved areas safe, benefits of using a liquid salt system, guidance on how to determine the right amount of salt to use, and case studies from local applicators.
The workshop will by taught by Chris Walsh, Retired City of Beloit Director of Operations and Connie Fortin of Fortin Consulting. Chris will share information and tips on how she worked with City of Beloit to successfully implement salt reduction practices covered in this workshop. Cost is free, but lunch will be available for an extra charge.