Soup & Bowls & the Super Bowl
February 4, 2011 4:03 PM
Every year I serve soup at the Habitat For Humanity Souper Bowl at West High School. You can get a bowl of good soup served in an original bowl created by West High art students, and your money goes to provide good quality low-income housing in our region. The event runs from 2:00pm to 8:00pm on Saturday, and I'll be there to serve your soup from 3pm to 4pm.
And on Sunday, I'll be watching the Super Bowl with a Chicago Bears fan. While I expect that the White House Super Bowl party will come with some pretty good snacks, I'm a little worried that Michelle Obama's concern for the nation's health might lead to very un-Wisconsin fare. While I share the enthusiasm for healthy eating and exercise, c'mon, it's the Super Bowl!
So, as any good guest would, I'm bringing some iconic Madison regional gifts. Tim Metcalfe over at Metcalfe's Market has agreed to package up the following:
• A medley of regional beers including Ale Asylum's Hopalicious, Capital Brewery's Wisconsin Amber ("Beer for Badgers"), Capital Brewery Supper Club, Potosi Beer, New Glarus Spotted Cow, Lake Louie Scotch Ale and Tyranena Bitter Woman IPA
• Extra Aged Pleasant Ridge Reserve by Uplands Cheese
• Potter's Crackers
• Gail Ambrosius chocolates
• A package of Oscar Meyer hot dogs
• A bottle of Wollersheim's Prairie Fume
And, from the Willy Street Co-op, I'm bringing Zen Party Mix. And for Monday morning after the game, some Revolution Roast from the Regent Street Co-op.
I have to confess that this was a list put together by my wife, Dianne. I was just going to bring a bag of Doritos.
We'll have some fun, I hope the Packers will win, and I'll report back on the experience come Monday. Go, Pack, Go!