Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 8:46pm
Voter registration drives scheduled throughout the City of Madison
Tuesday, September 27, is National Voter Registration Day. A city press event regarding voter registration will be held at Warner Park Community Recreation Center Tuesday at 1 p.m.
Voters may verify their registration online at https://MyVote.wi.gov. City of Madison residents may update their voter registration at city agency offices, including:
- Madison City Clerk’s Office, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #103
- Warner Park Community Recreation Center, 1625 Northport Dr.
- City of Madison Water Utility, 119 E. Olin Ave.
- Alicia Ashman Library, 733 N. High Point Rd.
- Central Library, 201 W. Mifflin St.
- Goodman South Madison Library, 2222 S. Park St.
- Hawthorne Library, 2707 E. Washington Ave.
- Lakeview Library, 2845 N. Sherman Ave.
- Meadowridge Library, 5726 Raymond Rd.
- Monroe Street Library, 1705 Monroe St.
- Pinney Library, 204 Cottage Grove Rd.
- Sequoya Library, 4340 Tokay Blvd.
- Streets East, 4602 Sycamore Ave.
- Streets West, 1501 W. Badger Rd.
- City Assessor’s Office, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #101
- Department of Civil Rights, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #523
- Community Development, 215 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #280
- Finance Department, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #406
- Housing Operations, 215 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #120
- Building Inspection, 215 Martin Luther King Jr. Bld. #LL-100
- Economic Development, 215 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #312
- City Treasurer’s Office, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #107
- Mayor’s Office, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #403
- Municipal Court, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #203
- Parks Division, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #104
- City of Madison Human Resources, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #501
- Metro Transit Administrative Office, 1245 E. Washington Ave. #201
- Engineering, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. #115
- Larry D. Nelson Engineering Operations Facility, 1600 Emil Street
- Madison Police Department Central District, 211 S. Carroll Street
- Madison Police Department East District, 809 S. Thompson Drive
- Madison Police Department North District, 2033 Londonderry Drive
- Madison Police Department South District, 825 HughesPlace
- Madison Police Department West District, 1710 McKenna Blvd.
The City Clerk’s Office will hold Voter Registration Drives throughout the city on Tuesday:
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Madison Senior Center, 330 W. Mifflin Street
- 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. at Olbrich Gardens, 3330 Atwood Ave.
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Ian’s Pizza, 100 State Street
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Ian’s Pizza, 319 N. Frances Street
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Edgewood College, 1000 Edgewood College Drive
- 12 – 2 p.m. at East Madison Community Center, 8 Straubel Court
- 12:30-3:30 p.m. at Bridge – Lake Point – Waunona Neighborhood Center, 1917 Lake Point Dr.
- 1-7 p.m. at Hy-Vee, 3801 E. Washington Ave.
- 3 – 5 p.m. at Neighborhood House Community Center, 29 S. Mills Street
- 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. at Salvation Army Community Center, 3030 Darbo Drive
- 4 – 7 p.m. at Point Cinema, 7825 Big Sky Drive
Additional voter registration drives will be held by Associated Students of Madison on the UW-Madison campus.
In addition to volunteering at voter registration drives organized by the City Clerk’s Office, the League of Women Voters of Dane County is holding several voter registration drives this week:
- September 25 neighborhood canvass with Prairie Unitarian Universalist Society
- September 26 – 27 at West High School
- September 27 at Spectrum Brands in Middleton
- September 29 at Madison College Truax
- September 29 at Bodega Breese Stevens Field
- September 30 at Epic Systems in Verona
- October 1 at the Downtown and Westside Farmers Markets
Proof of Address
Proof of address, either on paper or in an electronic format, is required for all voter registrations. The following types of documents are acceptable as proof of address:
- Utility bill that covers a time frame within the past 90 days (water, gas, electric, cable, internet, landline or cellular phone)
- Bank or credit union statement
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver license or Wisconsin identification card
- Paycheck or paystub
- Document issued by a unit of government
- Check issued by a unit of government
- Residential lease effective on the day of registration (not accepted for registrations sent through the mail)
- Affidavit from an agency (public or private) providing homeless services
- Edgewood College fee statement, accompanied by an Edgewood College student ID
- Intake document from a residential care facility
The types of proof of address most commonly used in the City of Madison are Wisconsin driver license/ID cards, Madison Water Utility bills, Madison Gas & Electric bills, and UW-Madison documents.
The City Clerk’s Office will offer a Voter Education Ambassador training session in room 103-A of the City-County Building at 9 a.m. on Saturday, October 1, for individuals who would like to become deputized to register City of Madison voters.
- Maribeth Witzel-Behl608firstname.lastname@example.org