Clerk's Office Extended Hours for Absentee Voting
Friday, October 19, 2012 - 7:21am
Absentee voting in the City Clerk's Office begins Monday, October 22.
The Madison City Clerk's Office will offer the following extended hours for absentee voting.
• 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday, October 22, through Friday, October 26
• 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Saturday October 27 (use Wilson Street entrance to City-County Building)
• Noon - 6 p.m., Sunday, October 28 (use Wilson Street entrance to City-County Building)
• 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday, October 29, through Friday, November 2
At this point, the only way to register to vote or to update a voter registration is to go to the City Clerk's Office with proof of address, or to register at the polls on Election Day with proof of address.
The following items may be used as proof of address as long as they are current and list the voter's name at his or her current address:
• Utility bill (up to 90 days old)
• Wisconsin driver license
• ID Card issued by Wisconsin Department of Transportation
• Bank or credit union statement
• Tax bill
• Residential lease
• Government check
• Government document
Voters can verify their registration and check the status of their absentee ballot requests by visiting https://MyVote.wi.gov.
- Maribeth Witzel-Behl608-266-4601