Extended Hours for In-Person Absentee Voting
Monday, July 25, 2016 - 9:23am
The Madison City Clerk’s Office is open for in-person absentee voting all hours permitted by state law for the August Partisan Primary: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays July 25 through August 5.
Voters must present an acceptable form of photo ID before receiving an absentee ballot. The following types of ID are accepted under state law:
- Wisconsin driver license expiring no earlier than November 4, 2014 (date of the last November election)
- Wisconsin photo ID issued by the Department of Transportation expiring no earlier than November 4, 2014
- U.S. passport (book or card) expiring no earlier than November 4, 2014
- Military ID card expiring no earlier than November 4, 2014
- Certificate of Naturalization issued within the last two years
- Unexpired Wisconsin driver license or state ID card receipt
- ID card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin
- Unexpired ID issued by a Wisconsin accredited university or college that contains an issuance date, a student signature, and an expiration date within two years of issuance; card must be accompanied by proof of current enrollment
- Unexpired Veterans Affairs ID card
Out-of-state driver licenses, out-of-state ID cards, and high school ID cards are not acceptable forms of voter ID under Wisconsin law.
The address on the voter’s ID does not matter for purposes of proving one’s identity. The name on the ID, however, must reasonably conform to the voter’s name on the poll book.
City of Madison residents may also register to vote in the City Clerk’s Office through August 5, or at the polls on Election Day. All voter registrations must be accompanied by proof of address—one of the following documents, paper or electronic, showing the voter’s current name and current address:
- Utility bill from the last 90 days (water, gas, electric, cable, internet, landline phone, or cellular phone)
- Bank or credit union statement
- Unexpired Wisconsin driver license/ID
- Government document
- Government check
- Current residential lease
- Affidavit from a homeless shelter or social service agency providing services for the homeless
- Edgewood College fee statement issued within the last nine months, accompanied by Edgewood College student ID card
Voters may visit https://MyVote.wi.gov to check their voter registration, request an absentee ballot, find out what will be on the ballot, or find their polling location.
- Maribeth Witzel-Behl608email@example.com