Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 11:34am
The law requiring voters to show photo identification at the polls is under injunction, and voters will not be required to show ID at the polls on Tuesday, June 5.
The City Clerk's Office has heard from voters who were told today by door-to-door canvassers that they would need to purchase an ID in order to vote. This is not true.
Voters who still need to register to vote or update their voter registration may do so at the polls on Election Day with proof of residence.
The following items may be used as proof of residence as long as they are current and list the voter's name at his or her address:
• Utility bill (up to 90 days old)
• Wisconsin Driver License
• ID Card issued by Wisconsin Department of Transportation
• Bank or Credit Union statement
• Tax bill
• Residential lease
• Government check or document
- Maribeth Witzel-Behl, 608-266-4601