Alder Larry Palm
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Palm’s Blog
The Next Two Weeks
November is a time when city government really kicks into high gear. The 2017 budget is being debated and projects are being discussed for action next year. This November is no different. As I look at my city calendar I see lots going on. I thought it would be interesting to share some of these highlights with you.
Tuesday November 1
Common Council Organizing Committee (CCOC) 4:30pm City-County Building Rm 108 Agenda
- Alder Rummel and I introduced a resolution to rename the Local Food Committee to the Public Market Development Committee and specify the mission as implementation of the Public Market. This is coming back to CCOC because there is a statement about the committee raising money which isn't normally a charge of a city committee (in fact we have rules against it). However this would actually be for New Market Tax Credits which have previously been done by the Public Library to build the Central Library and are very much an opportunity for us to appropriately fund the new Madison Public Market.
Council Meeting 6:30pm City-County Building Rm 201
On the agenda includes:
- revisions to the Park Impact Fee,
- a development agreement for the Spark and Cosmo projects and the Capitol East District Parking Structure,
- accepting the recommendation of the Madison Police Department Policy and Procedure Review Ad Hoc Committee to select Michael J Gennaco dba OIR Group as the expert consultant to conduct the review of the Madison Police Department,
- awarding a contract for the demolition of 217 N First Street.
Also on the agenda is a resolution I co-sponsored for unique gas station Gas Pump Locks.
Wednesday November 2
- Board of Public Works 4:30pm City-County Building Rm 108 Agenda
- Emerson East Neighborhood Meeting 6:30pm Basford Church North Street.
Thursday November 3
- Last Day (Generally) to vote in-person absentee.
- Local Food Committee 4:30pm MMB Rm 300 Agenda
- Eken Park Neighborhood Meeting 6:30pm Basford Church North Street
Congratulations to the Eken Park Neighborhood for the wonderful new Sculture Garden at the intersection of North and Commercial Avenue across from the Tip Top Tavern. The butterflies are a work of a neigborhood artist installed by volunteers from the neigborhood.
- Madison Public Market Site Design Meeting 6:30pm Archipelago Village Design Center 945 E Washington Ave Madison WI
An opportunity for residents to discuss the potential future design of the actual site and how it will operate.
Monday, November 7
- Sherman Neighborhood Association Meeting WPCRC 6:30pm Meeting Room
Tuesday, November 8
Wednesday November 9
- Demetral Park Adult Fitness Equipment Meeting
Over the past year, significant investment has been made to improve Demetral Park including new children playground equipment and replacement/additions to the bike and walking paths.
City Parks will be holding a public input meeting about the installation of adult fitness equipment at Demetral Park. At this meeting participants will be selecting the type and potential location for the equipment.
Wednesday, November 9 at 6:00pm East High School – 1041C Meeting Room
If you have question or comments please contact Kate Kane at 608-261-9671 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday November 10
- East Johnson Street Public Meeting
Festival Foods Community Room 5:30 – 7:00pm
The meeting will be conducted in an informal, open house format to allow for dialogue and individual questions and comments. The city of Madison and design consultant representatives will be available to discuss the proposed project and address questions or concerns. For more information please visit the website.
Monday November 14
- Council Budget Deliberation Meeting
5:30pm CCB Rm 201
This is the ultimate meeting to decide the fate of the 2017 Capital and Operating Budget. Amendments are due on November 9 and made available for the review on November 11 at 12:00pm. I will then review the amendments and like previously highlight for you the potential amendments with impact for you.
On a personal note, I will be taking an Israel Heritage Tour with my mother from November 15-30. I will have limited internet access. If you have any questions, concerns or comments please let me know ahead of time. During this time, you can contact the council office at email@example.com or 266-4071 and they will try to assist your or route you to another Alder that may be able to provide assistance.
Have a wonderful November!
Email to a friend