Alder Larry Palm
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Palm’s Blog
Chip Sealing, Coffee with A Cop, Oscar Mayer
Residents of throughout District 12 either have or will soon have chip sealing done on their street. Notice was sent out previously to properties on the streets that the work will be done.
Chip sealing is a cost-effective preventative maintenance method used to extend the life of streets. For streets in good condition, this will delay full reconstruction which saves both the city and property owners money.
I understand during the period of installation of the chip sealing the process can be messy, but all efforts have been made to reduce the short-term effects, such as multiple sweepings.
Guide to planting edible, native and pollinator friendly landscapes in your yard and terrace
The City of Madison Food Policy Council has produced a guide to assist residents on plantings in your lawn and terrace, including detailed information on what can be planted in the terrace – the space between the sidewalk and the curb or street. Of particular note is trees and permanent structures (like raised beds) are not permitted.
I encourage you to take a look and consider planting edible, native and pollinator friendly landscapes in your yard.
Coffee with A Cop
The Madison Police will host "Coffee With A Cop" on Thursday July 20 from 9:00- 10:00am at the Warner Park Community and Recreation Center.
July's meeting will feature Investigator Marie Burgette, a veteran of countless criminal investigations.
Coffee With A Cop happens the third Thursday of each month through the end of 2017. This will be a place for open and casual conversation with your neighbors and members of the Madison Police Department. Open to all, no reservation required.
Oscar Mayer Strategic Assessment Committee
Last chance for interested parties to apply for the Oscar Mayer Strategic Assessment Committee.
There will be a specific purpose for the committee. As indicated in the resolution creating the committee:
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, the Mayor and Common Council do hereby create the Oscar Mayer Strategic Assessment Committee to oversee a public process for the preparation of a report by City staff with assistance from a consultant to include:
- A full and detailed description of the site and surrounding area,
- The area's current role and potential future impact in the region's economy,
- The recommended boundary for the Special Area Plan and identification of the properties that need future study and consideration,
- Objectives for the area's long term redevelopment including desired outcomes,
- The use of the City's Racial Equity Social Justice Tool to assess the impacts of the area's redevelopment,
- Consideration of transportation linkages and infrastructure needs,
- Recommendation regarding natural resources and green space that should be considered as part of the Special Area Plan.
To apply, please complete an application for city committees. If the committee is not on the list, please write in the name and submit to the Mayor's Office.
Email to a friend