Alder Sara Eskrich
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Eskrich, District 13 email list:
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
DEVELOPMENT APPROVAL PROCESS
Development is driven by private investment. The City has a lot of "no" power but very limited power to force action. We'd say "no" if a foundry asked to build on Park St. but the City cannot tell a developer, "You must build...an apartment building" (or anything for that matter). The City's updated Standards for Review can be found here.
- Tell me and your neighborhood association your opinions.
- Email your opinion to review commissions below.
- Speak at public hearings of those bodies. Ask your neighbors to do the same.
- Urban Design Commission for design. Send comments to email@example.com.
- Plan Commission for land use. Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Common Council if final approval is required. Email email@example.com
- Site Plans on the City Planning Website
- Plan Commission Review: September 21, 2015
- Alcohol License Review: September 16, 2015
The Green Project, 1906 Monroe Street
This proposal includes demolition of the existing building and construction of a four-story, 12,000 square foot multi-use building. The first three floors would be commercial including space for existing Monroe Street businesses, the Knight Foundation, The Fit, and a lunch counter/ butcher/bakery proposed by Underground Food Collective. The fourth floor would have apartments.
Answers to questions which were asked at the neighborhood meeting:
- Shadowlines of building: The solar shading time lapse video shows how the shadowlines will travel across the neighborhood during the winter solstice (day where the sun will be at its lowest point on the horizon at noon) can be viewed here.
- How much higher this building will be than the Steve Brown Apartment building: This building will be about 10' higher than the Steve Brown building (approximately the same elevation as the light colored brick building across the street from the Steve Brown Apartments)
Wingra School: Design Drawings
101 S Mills St.
This project has been approved.
1313 REGENT STREET
edgewood high school parking
DMNA Street reconstruction Schedule
Map linked here.
1004 & 1032 Park Street
Please find an updated parking strategy to be proposed by the developer here.
New city review dates (click on the links for minutes/action taken):
- 5/20 Urban Design Commission
- 6/8 Plan Commission
- 6/16 Common Council
- My comments to my colleagues.
- Project approval
- 7/27/15 Urban Design Commission Final Approval Application
- 8/10/15 Urban Design Commisson Final Approval Application - Take 2
3414 Monroe Street
This project has been approved.
Patrick Corcoran is proposing an updated design that was shared with the neighborhood on 2/5. The new proposed building is 25,800 sf above ground, 10,000 sf below ground, includes 19 apartments (studio to 3-bedroom), 3,400sf of commercial space, 30 parking spaces (21 below ground), 25 bicycles spaces, 4 moped parking spaces, and a public dog watering station. The massing of the building as compared to the previous design is pulled back from the Arbor house, moving the removed mass to create a 4th floor stepped back on all sides. The materials are cedar, natural plaster, and masonry.
The project will go before the Plan Commission at a public hearing on 4/22 4:30PM at 215 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. Room LL-110 (Madison Municipal Building)
Depending on the recommendation of the Plan Commission, it's likely to then go to the Common Council on 5/6 for the final public hearing and vote.
1414 S Park St
1414 S Park St is approved.
Madison taxi - 1403 Gilson St
107 S Mills
Longfellow School, 210 S Brooks
1200 ST JAMES CT
1902 MONROE ST - STRICTLY DISCS
2620 Monroe St and 665 Knickerbocker
1129 S Park St - Gas station
The new gas station is complete.
1033 High St
This proposal for 1033 High St is approved. It has 67 units and underground parking.
Wingra shores 2nd building, 2628 Arbor dr
This proposal for 2628 Arbor Dr is approved. 36 units, underground parking.
Back (toward Monroe St):
Lane's Bakery, 448 S Park St
This proposal to redevelop the Lane's Bakery site, 448 S Park St, is approved. This will be a 5-story, mixed use building. The first floor will have 6500 feet of retail space. The upper 4 floors will have 40 apartments. There is underground parking.
Southeast, view from Park & Drake:
THE IDEAL, 502 s park st
The Ideal, at 502 S Park St, is complete.
Meriter Daycare, 201 S Mills St
Meriter's daycare building, at 201 S Mills St, is complete.
BETH ISRAEL CENTER, 1406 MOUND ST
Beth Israel Center, 1406 Mound St, has proposed a major renovation and addition. We had a neighborhood meeting and there was strong support for the proposal. www.bethisraelcenter.org They hope to begin construction in summer 2014.
Wingra Clinic, 1102 S Park St
Wingra Clinic is completed.