Alder Allen A. Arntsen
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Arntsen, District 13 email list:
cool PLACES in district 13
- The boardwalk through the cattails behind Edgewood College.
- The little part of Vilas Park where Erin St and Wingra St meet. When the trees are bare, there's a spectacular view of Lake Wingra. It must be the reason so many Indian mounds are there.
- Springs in the Arboretum along Monroe St.
- Henry Vilas Zoo
- Forest Hill Cemetery
- O'Sheridan St, where the Capitol seems to get smaller as you move closer to it.
- Goodman Pool
- Olin Turville Parks – lots of nice walking trails in Turville Park – map of the trails and information on the amazing history of the site (the Turvilles came over from England and used to grow vegetables and flowers to sell downtown, Olin was once a Water Cure) available on the FOOT (Friends of Olin Turville Parks) website, http://www.olin-turville.org/
- I'm just starting this. Please send other Cool Places to email@example.com.
- In an emergency, call 911.
- Police District: South District, 825 Hughes Pl, 608-266-5938
- Fire Station: Fire station #4, 1437 Monroe St
- Franklin/Randall Elementary
- Wright Middle School
- West High
- St James Catholic School
- Woodland Montessori School
- Bear Mound Park
- Bernie's Beach
- Brittingham Park
- Dudgeon School Park
- Edward Klief Park
- Glenwood Park
- Goodman Park
- Goodman Pool
- Midland Park
- Olin Park
- South & West Shore Parkways
- Vilas Park
- Wingra Park
NEIGHBORHOOD BUSINESS ASSOCIATION
- Neighborhood Business Associations Map and Contacts (PDF)
- Monroe St Merchants, contact Orange Schroeder at Orange Tree Imports
- South Madison Business Association