Alder Sheri Carter,
Council Vice President
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Carter’s Updates
District 14 Updates - October 26, 2017
Drug Take Back – Saturday, October 28, 2017
Safe disposal SAVES LIVES!
To find a Drug Take Back location near you:
Never Flush or Drain!
Unused or expired prescription medications should never be flushed or poured down the drain. These potentially dangerous pharmaceutical substances can contribute to contamination of our water supply if not disposed of properly
Family Fun Night: Haunted House! Friday, Oct. 27, 2017
Goodman South Madison Library - 2222 S. Park St.
6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Wear your costume and enjoy tricks, treats, and family-friendly frights. Check out a variety of spooky books or just have fun at the free family haunted house party at www.madisonpubliclibrary.org
Safety Tips for a Halloween and/or Harvest Day
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Only walk on sidewalks whenever possible or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.
- Enter homes only if you're with a trusted adult. Only visit well-lit houses. Don't stop at dark houses.
- Never accept rides from strangers. Never walk near lit candles or luminaries. Be sure to wear flame-resistant costumes.
Ocean Road Park Playground Replacement Public Engagement Meeting
You are invited to attend this meeting to provide comments or input on the proposed project. At this meeting, City staff will present the playground design process and seek input from the neighborhood on the park playground. This meeting will be held at the below time and location:
Monday, October 30th at 6:30 pm
Badger Rock Neighborhood Center
501 E Badger Road
Madison, WI 53713
If you have questions or comments but are unable to attend the meeting, please contact Sarah Lerner, City of Madison Parks Division at (608) 261-4281 or email at email@example.com.
Neighborhood Parks Updates:
Replacement playground equipment for District 14 parks are almost completed.
- Arbor Hills Park – completed
- Aldo Leopold Park – completed
- Baxter Park – completed
- Rimrock Park – completed
- Penn Park – In progress – to be completed in 2018
- Ocean Road Park – planning stage
- Other improvements: Olin Turville Park Boat Launch Improvements – planning stage and;
- Esther Beach – In progress – to be completed in 2018
Email to a friend