Alder Sheri Carter,
Council Vice President
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Carter’s Updates
City of Madison Flood - Update Wednesday, Sept. 5
I want to take a moment to thank all the volunteers, City staff, National Guard, neighbors, friends and families that came together to help and/or support those in need during this time. We will get through this together.
Alder Sheri Carter
Emergency Lane Closure – Williamson Street & S. Blount. (outbound)
The City of Madison Engineering Division will be making an emergency repair to the sanitary sewer located in the 600 block of Williamson Street. Outbound traffic will be reduced to one lane during this work. The work should have started by 5:30 PM and is expected to be completed before Thursday's morning commute.
Contact: Mark Moder, City Engineering (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Update on Other Road/Lane Closures:
- Minor road closure at Wingra Creek Drive and Baird Street.
- As of 5:00 PM., the outbound lane on East Washington at Blount has been reopened.
- The inbound lane on East Washington at Livingston remains closed.?
Current Lane Closures for evening commute today:
- Inbound East Washington at Livingston: One lane closed due to flooding.
- Outbound East Washington at Blount: One lane closed due to flooding.
- First Street is open to two lanes in each direction.
- Cyclists: The Capital City bike path is closed between Broom Street and Blair Street.
Outlook & Sandbag Reminder:
Following today's rain, dry weather is forecasted through the weekend; however, DO NOT remove your sandbags. The flooding in Madison will continue for an extended period of time. The City of Madison will continue to issue updates as needed, and those updates will also be posted at cityofmadison.com/flooding.
NEW! Sign Up For Text Alerts:
You can sign up to receive City of Madison Flooding Updates via text messaging. You will receive updates regarding flash flooding risks, flood-related road and bike path closures, and other important flooding information.
This is a free service provided by the City of Madison. Normal text messaging fees may apply. Your cell phone must have text messaging capabilities in order to receive these alerts. Sign up here.
Email to a friend