Alder Sheri Carter
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Carter’s Updates
New Council Subcommittee to Review Police & Community Relations
CCOC Subcommittee on Police & Community Relations website
Members of the subcommittee are available to attend other organizations or groups that will be discussing police and community relations. Submit your request here.
Upcoming Meeting Dates & Locations
Date: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 7:00 pm | Room, 260, Madison Municipal Building
Date: Monday, November 21, 2016 at 6:30 pm | Meadowridge Library, 5726 Raymond Road
Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 6:00 pm | Goodman Community Center, 149 Waubesa Street
What is the CCOC Subcommittee on Police & Community Relations?
The Common Council Organizational Committee (CCOC) Subcommittee on Police & Community Relations was established by the Common Council Organizational Committee on August 2, 2016 (Legislative File No. 35099).
Members of the CCOC Subcommittee on Police & Community Relations include:
Ald. Marsha Rummel, Chair, Council President Pro Tem, District 6
Ald. Shiva Bidar-Sielaff, Vice-Chair, District 5
Ald. Sheri Carter, District 14
Ald. Denise DeMarb, District 16
Ald. Rebecca Kemble, District 18
The CCOC Subcommittee on Police and Community Relations will seek to meet the following objectives:
- Provide a forum for residents and members of the Council to discuss police and community goals, priorities and interactions. Build a deeper understanding of policing for elected officials and members of the public; and,
- Explore models and options from other communities related to policing and other police policies; and,
- Provide a forum for information sharing regarding police training, policies, data and trends including detailed presentations from the MPD related to policing; and,
- Make recommendations to the Council on short-term policy, procedure and training while waiting for the results of the Ad Hoc Review of Police Policies and Procedures.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Carter, District 14 email list:
- 6/6/18 - AEC Planning Processes Info...
- 9/6/17 Neighborhood Meeting Re: Kwik...
- Bram's Addition Community Meeting: T...
- CANCELED - 5/29/18 Truman Olson Sele...
- Dane Co Purchase and Nehemiah Duplex...
- Imagine Madison: December 5 (Central...
- Madison College seeks community inpu...
- Neighborhod Meeting: County's Purcha...
- Neighborhood Meeting 3 - Movin Out I...
- Neighborhood Meeting: 2/27/17 Movin'...
- Next Meeting Date: CCOC Subcommittee...
- Penn Park Playground Replacement Com...
- REMINDER: Movin' Out Inc. Neighborho...
- Excessive Heat Watch Alert Issued fo...
- Madison Declares Show Emergency (1/2...
- Protect Yourself from Severe Heat! E...
- 2 Important Items
- 2017 Neighborhood Grant Programs -
- 2018 Budget Update
- 3/29/17 Movin' Out, 2230 W. Broadway...
- Ald. Sheri Carter Updates (4/13/18)
- City of Madison Flood - Update
- City of Madison Flood - Update Wedne...
- City of Madison Flooding Update-Thur...
- City Offices Close and Property Tax ...
- City Updates: January 5, 2017
- Copps Grocery Store - S. Park Street
- Council President Baldeh Issues Stat...
- District 14 Neighborhood Updates (3/...
- District 14 Newsletter
- District 14 Update - January 10, 2017
- District 14 Updates - January 25, 2017
- District 14 Updates - October 26, 2017
- District 14 Updates (9/8/17)
- District 14 Updates (October 12, 2017)
- District 14 Updates: January 30, 2018
- Flooding Update: FEMA Recovery Offic...
- Flooding Updates & Information
- FREE Cab Rides on Election Day & Dis...
- HolidayTrees, Refuse & Recycling, an...
- Information on Primary Election: Feb...
- It's Snowing - Again!
- Last Call, No Refuse/Recycling Pick ...
- Lock it Up Reminder & Snow Plow Update
- Madison Is Now A Class 1 Fire Protec...
- Metro Transit Survey - Give feedback...
- New Council Subcommittee to Review P...
- Notices of Changes in Assessments fo...
- Now is the time to protect your wate...
- Pumpkin Spiced Leaf Piles Are Back! ...
- Reminder - Last Call for Leaf Collec...
- Reminder - Sidewalk Snow/Ice Removal
- Sand and ready-to-fill bags availabl...
- Sandbag Collection is Over for 2018
- Sandbag Disposal & Collection - Curb...
- Sandbag Update
- Snow Alert
- Snow and Metro Reminders
- Snow Emergency
- Snow Emergency and Grocery Store Update
- Snow Emergency and Snow Plow Update
- Snow Emergency and Snow Plowing
- Snow Emergency Continues Until 7 a.m...
- Snow Plow Update: January 31, 2017
- Snow Plowing Update: February 24, 2017
- Snow, Snow and more Snow
- Structure Fire on Luann Lane
- Updates from District 14 Alder Sheri...
- Written Comments Now Being Accepted:...