Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Surprise! Half-Marathon in our neighborhoods this weekend
I have just been notified that the DreamBank Her Half Marathon will be held this Sunday morning June 28 from 7am until noon. The route includes Lake Mendota Drive, Baker Avenue, Old Middleton Road and University Avenue in District 19.
Though I'm very frustrated by the short notice, I want to get as much information as possible out quickly so that hopefully the event can still be successful for affected residents and for the event participants. While this is a new event, the organizers are experienced and qualified.
If you live along the route, the event organizers will be hand-delivering a notification letter to you today.
Here's what I know about how the event may affect you:
- Old Middleton Road will be closed to motor vehicles eastbound from Whitney Way to University from 6am until noon. Acceess to the bike path will remain open. Police will be directing traffic to the detour along University Avenue.
- Other streets along the route will not be closed, however a portion of the eastbound (south side) of Lake Mendota Drive and the southbound (west) side of Baker Avenue will be coned off for runners. Parking will not be prohibited in the coned areas, but event organizers ask that you park elsewhere if possible for the safety of runners and passing motorists.
- Police will also be directing traffic at the following University Avenue intersections:
Laurel Crest Dr.
Spring Harbor Dr.
- The University Avenue bike path will not be closed, but please use caution if you are walking/biking/running on Sunday morning.
- About 800 participants are expected.
If you have questions or comments about this event (before, during or after), please contact me. I will be compiling feedback for the event organizers and for city event staff.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation with this event.
Ald. Mark Clear
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton on-ramp to be closed M...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- Surprise! Half-Marathon in our neigh...
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House