Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
District 19 News and Notes, March 31, 2014
Hello Friends and Neighbors,
Happy Spring! Finally it really feels like it. Here's an update on activities in and around our district.
Please don't forget to vote on Tuesday! In our district there is an important contested race for Madison School Board and two county advisory referenda. All other races in D19 are uncontested incumbents, with the exception of Wexford Village, which will be getting a new County Supervisor, Paul Nelson. Nelson is uncontested to succeed Dianne Hesselbein who is retiring from the County Board to focus on her service in the State Assembly. Polls are open 7am to 8pm and you can register at the polls if needed. Not sure where to vote? Want to check your registration or see a sample ballot? My Vote Wisconsin has it all for you.
Gammon Road Next Steps
The city Pedestrian/Bicycle/Motor Vehicle Commission has recommended moving forward with the four lane option for North Gammon (see previous post). The commission also recommended further study for the segment north of Old Sauk to see if the three-lane option would work, since the traffic counts are lower there. In my opinion the answer is sort of, but it's not clear to me what problem that would solve. For example, there still wouldn't be room for bike lanes.
I do think there is general consensus that widening is the real solution, and I'm trying to look at, practically, when we might be able to get that done. Current projections for construction needs ,throughout the city would put it at probably 8-10 years out, but I'm working with City Engineering to see if we can move that up without bumping some other equally important project.
New Woodman's Gas Station
Woodman's is proposing to demolish and rebuild their gas station at 721 S. Gammon Road (plans and meeting schedule). The canopy will be modernized and streamlined, and the tiny convenience store will be expanded to a still-modest 1320 sq. ft. No alcohol will be sold at the c-store. Construction would take place this summer.
Thanks for reading!
Ald. Mark Clear
I welcome your questions and comments about this or any other city issue. Please contact me at email@example.com or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton on-ramp to be closed M...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- Surprise! Half-Marathon in our neigh...
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House