Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
MedDrop event this Saturday
Unwanted, unused prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines can be found in every household in the county. We know that it's not safe to keep unneeded medicines in the house – children and others can accidentally take them. But you've also heard that you shouldn't flush medicines down the toilet or put them in the trash. We now know that these medicines are bad for our environment – our water, our lakes and the animals in them.
So... how should you get rid of your medicines?
Bring your unneeded medicine to MedDrop. This free service is available to all Wisconsin residents.
MedDrop event - October 22nd 9 a.m. to 1 p.m, PSC Building, 610 N. Whitney Way
MedDrop will accept:
- Prescription medicine (pills, liquids and creams)
- Over-the-counter medicine (pills, liquids and creams)
- Medications for pets
- Nebulizer solution
Illegal drugs will also be taken, no questions asked. They will be turned over to authorities for immediate disposal.
MedDrop will not accept:
- IV bags
- Oxygen tanks
- Nebulizer machines
Madison and Dane County law enforcement will be on site to make sure controlled substances are handled properly. All materials collected will be disposed of following environmentally responsible procedures.
MedDrop is a service of Safe Communities, a local public/private partnership that sustains joint action by area agencies, businesses, and neighborhoods to SAVE LIVES, prevent injuries and make our community safer. For more information go to MedDropDane.org.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- MIDTOWN POLICE STATION MEETING THURSDAY
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- New Midtown police district likely t...
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote today!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton on-ramp to be closed M...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Ramp and Bike Path Closures, Old Mid...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- Ahrens and Clear Launch City Governm...
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- Surprise! Half-Marathon in our neigh...
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House