Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
District News and Notes for March 1
Hello everyone, he's an update on news and events in District 19.
University Avenue construction survival meeting
Just a quick reminder about this meeting tonight at 6pm at Asbury Church. Details here. Construction starts in just a few weeks!
Capital Avenue gunfire
Several people have contacted me about this incident which occurred early Sunday morning. There were no injuries and one person was arrested. I'm working with MPD, the CDA and nearby neighbors to learn more and discuss ways to improve safety in the area. I hope to have more details soon. Obviously this is a concern for the neighbors and for me.
University Crossing update
Demolition and construction of phase 1 of University Crossing, at the corner of Whitney Way and University Avenue is underway, and planning for phase 2 is underway. Details are on the Development Page.
Retain comings and goings
The new CVS and Gordon Food Service stores are complete and both opened this week. Bella Vita restaurant on Gammon Place has closed. As far as I know, Carmax is still in discussions for their new location on Odana Road, though the fate of the existing Gordie Boucher dealership is a mystery to me. My inquiries there were referred to their attorney, who has not returned my calls.
Got questions about this or any other city issue? Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- New Midtown police district likely t...
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton on-ramp to be closed M...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- Surprise! Half-Marathon in our neigh...
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House