Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Clear’s Blog
University Avenue pre-construction information
Thank you to those of you who attended the University Avenue pre-construction meeting on March 1. We had a great turnout.
Here are some additional details and tips that were shared at the meeting. (Details on all of these and much more are in the presentation linked above.)
- Parisi Construction is the contractor.
- The project is divided into six phases. Phase one begins on March 26, and phase six is scheduled to be completed on October 26. (Schedule subject to change by weather and other types of reality.)
- At least one lane will be open at all times. The road will never be completely closed. The approaches to the railroad bridge will be closed for two overnights, with a detour on Old Middleton/Whitney Way.
- Access will maintained to all homes and businesses at all times.
- Temporary traffic signals will be installed at the same intersections where they are today. Left turn lanes will be extended to avoid blocking through traffic. Plan your trip to avoid left turns whenever possible.
- Support our local businesses! Construction projects can be devastating to retail businesses. Please make a point to continue patronizing local establishments.
- I will be asking police to do speed patrols on Lake Mendota Drive and Old Middleton, which could be used as alternate routes. While we cannot prevent people from using these as through streets, we can ensure that they obey the speed limits.
- Meetings will be ongoing throughout the project about twice per month. These meetings are primarily targeted to businesses along the route, but anyone is welcome.
There are many ways to keep informed as the project proceeds:
- Sign up for weekly e-mail updates at my.cityofmadison.com. You'll find University Avenue under Transportation Projects. (You can also subscribe to this blog.)
- Visit the project web site.
- Come to the meetings (info will be on the project web site).
Still have questions or concerns? Be in touch!
Got questions about this or any other city issue? Please contact me at email@example.com or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend