Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
University Avenue pre-construction information
Thank you to those of you who attended the University Avenue pre-construction meeting on March 1. We had a great turnout.
Here are some additional details and tips that were shared at the meeting. (Details on all of these and much more are in the presentation linked above.)
- Parisi Construction is the contractor.
- The project is divided into six phases. Phase one begins on March 26, and phase six is scheduled to be completed on October 26. (Schedule subject to change by weather and other types of reality.)
- At least one lane will be open at all times. The road will never be completely closed. The approaches to the railroad bridge will be closed for two overnights, with a detour on Old Middleton/Whitney Way.
- Access will maintained to all homes and businesses at all times.
- Temporary traffic signals will be installed at the same intersections where they are today. Left turn lanes will be extended to avoid blocking through traffic. Plan your trip to avoid left turns whenever possible.
- Support our local businesses! Construction projects can be devastating to retail businesses. Please make a point to continue patronizing local establishments.
- I will be asking police to do speed patrols on Lake Mendota Drive and Old Middleton, which could be used as alternate routes. While we cannot prevent people from using these as through streets, we can ensure that they obey the speed limits.
- Meetings will be ongoing throughout the project about twice per month. These meetings are primarily targeted to businesses along the route, but anyone is welcome.
There are many ways to keep informed as the project proceeds:
- Sign up for weekly e-mail updates at my.cityofmadison.com. You'll find University Avenue under Transportation Projects. (You can also subscribe to this blog.)
- Visit the project web site.
- Come to the meetings (info will be on the project web site).
Still have questions or concerns? Be in touch!
Got questions about this or any other city issue? Please contact me at email@example.com or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton on-ramp to be closed M...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- Surprise! Half-Marathon in our neigh...
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House