Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
District News and Notes for March 26
Hello everyone, he's an update on news and events in District 19.
University Avenue Construction
Work is underway! So far it seems like the traffic has been bad, but not apocalyptic. I've received no complaints so far, which I hope means that everyone was aware of what was coming, and that many people have chosen alternate routes or modes of transportation. I have asked the Traffic Enforcement Safety Team (TEST) to step up patrols on Lake Mendota Drive and Old Middleton Road.
The next Businesses meeting will be at the construction field office located in the Mid Town Square at 6333 University Avenue, Suite 108, Middleton on Friday March 30, 2012, 9:00 AM. While these meetings are primarily targeted to businesses along the route, anyone with questions or concerns about the project is welcome.
You can keep up to date on progress and get weekly status reports by subscribing to the University Avenue Updates e-mail list. Click the "Get email updates" link at the bottom of this page to sign up.
University Crossing Update
Phase 2 received initial approval from the Urban Design Commission on March 7. A public hearing on final approval will be held before UDC on April 4, For more information on Phase 2, click the Development tab above.
Cress Funeral Home Remodeling
Cress Funeral Home at 6021 University Avenue is proposing to add about 1300 square feet to their existing 14,000 square foot building. Details are on the Development tab. At this time I am not planning to organize a neighborhood meeting about the project, but will be glad to do so if there is interest. This project will also be at UDC on April 4.
Capital Avenue Safety Meeting
A meeting is scheduled for this Wednesday, March 28 with MPD and CDA staff to discuss issues on Capital Avenue in response to the gunfire incident in February 26. If you are interested in attending, please let me know.
Got questions about this or any other city issue? Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- Midtown Police District Delayed Again
- Midtown Police District Update Tonight
- MIDTOWN POLICE STATION MEETING THURSDAY
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- Update: Mineral Point/Yellowstone Tr...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- New Midtown police district likely t...
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Colony Drive daycare proposal hearin...
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote today!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton on-ramp to be closed M...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Ramp and Bike Path Closures, Old Mid...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- Ahrens and Clear Launch City Governm...
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- Surprise! Half-Marathon in our neigh...
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House