Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Unversity Avenue lane shift coming Monday
Just a quick reminder that Stage 2 of the University Avenue reconstruction project begins right on schedule, this coming Monday 4/23.
Starting Sunday, all traffic will be shifted to the north side (normally westbound) lanes of University Avenue, one lane in each direction. The construction zone will be entire south half of University Avenue right-of-way.
Stage 2 is expected to last until June 25.
Here are the details for Stage 2 construction work:
- Construct University Avenue eastbound lanes
- Construct Spring Harbor pedestrian underpass under eastbound lanes
- Construct Capital Avenue (South), Norman Way (West), and Whitney Way intersections utilizing staged construction
Construct Heim Avenue, Hickory Hollow Drive, Laurel Crest (South) and Craig Avenue intersections using flagging
operations during off-peak hours
- Grade and pave Old Middleton Road/railroad overpass approaches
- Install street lights
Here are the details for Stage 2 traffic control:
- St. Dunstan Drive intersection closed
- All other intersections open (sometimes under flagging)
- Temporary sidewalk on north side from Capital Avenue to Spring Harbor Drive
- University Avenue approaches to Old Middleton/railroad overpass to be closed (during night time hours only) for two consecutive nights, Traffic will be detoured via Whitney Way and Old Middleton Road.
Got questions about this or any other city issue? Please contact me at email@example.com or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House