Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Vote on Tuesday!
I probably don't have to remind you that there's an election on Tuesday, but I did want to share a few quick updates.
- Polls will be open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Due to the court decision, it is not necessary to show your ID at the polls in order to vote. You do need to sign the poll book. Turnout will likely be heavier than for the Spring elections, so you may want to allow some additional time.
- Voters at Oakwood Village (Ward 87) will notice a few changes designed to make things more smooth. Parking will be available outside, making the entrance to the polling place easier and more obvious. Also there will be improved signage and volunteer guides during busy times. Many thanks to the staff and residents of Oakwood for hosting this polling place for making improvements as we all learn.
- You can cross parties on one ballot. Tuesday is a unique situation in that there are actually two elections being held on the same day. That means you can vote in one party's primary for Governor and a different party for Lt. Governor. (Of course you still cannot vote for more than one candidate per race, regardless of party.) I am not recommending for or against this practice, just pointing out that it's permitted and does not spoil your ballot.
- If you didn't vote in person in the Spring elections, please note that your polling place may have changed since last year. Enter your address on the City Clerk's web site to check your location. If you previously voted at John Muir School, you can refer to this flyer for your polling place.
Thank you for participating in our democracy!
Got questions about this or any other city issue? Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- Midtown Police District Delayed Again
- Midtown Police District Update Tonight
- MIDTOWN POLICE STATION MEETING THURSDAY
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- Update: Mineral Point/Yellowstone Tr...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- New Midtown police district likely t...
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Colony Drive daycare proposal hearin...
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote today!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton on-ramp to be closed M...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Ramp and Bike Path Closures, Old Mid...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- Ahrens and Clear Launch City Governm...
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- Surprise! Half-Marathon in our neigh...
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House