Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Important Tuesday election info
I'm pretty sure I don't have to remind anyone to vote on Tuesday. But I do have some last-minute guidelines and recommendations.
- Polls are open from 7am to 8pm. If you're in line by 8pm, you can vote, no matter how long the line is.
- Bring your patience. Turnout is expected to be big and there may be long lines. If you've voted in any 2012 elections so far, you know that signing the poll book takes a few extra seconds and slows the process. There hasn't been a "big" election since that requirement went into effect, so it's hard to say whether that will cause issues.
- No ID is necessary to vote. ID is required if you need to register.
- False information is circulating claiming that you do not need to vote if you signed a recall petition. Of course that's not true.
- Both Oakwood and Crestwood have increased parking availability. At Oakwood, you can park in the garage or outside. Signs will direct you. At Crestwood, you can park in the east parking lot or on the street. You can even park directly across from the school; the usual no-parking zone is removed on voting days. (Parking is still prohibited in the bus stop.) For convenience, you can enter the polling place directly through the gym door on the west side of the building.
- If you haven't voted in any of the 2012 elections so far, please note that your polling place may have changed. See my previous blog post for details.
If you have any questions about voting, don't hesitate to speak with the chief inspector at the polling place, or call the city clerk's office at 266-4601, or contact me. Good luck to us all!
Got questions about this or any other city issue? Please contact me at email@example.com or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton on-ramp to be closed M...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- Surprise! Half-Marathon in our neigh...
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House