Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying the cooler weather. He's an update on news and events in District 19.
University Avenue stage 3
The University Avenue construction project moves to stage 3 on Monday morning (7/9/12). During stage 3, eastbound traffic will use the outside lane on the south side of the road. Westbound traffic will remain on the outside lane of the north side as it has been through stage 2. The major construction work will be in the median area. Stage 3 is expected to last about a month.
The Old Middleton on ramp to eastbound University Avenue will be closed for 2 weeks from July 23rd to August 6th. The detour is Whitney Way to University. This will likely cause significant backups on Old Middleton, so plan accordingly.
As always through the project, left turns are permitted at intersections only; there are no left turns into driveways.
Support our local businesses! Please make a special effort to visit some of the shops, restaurants and other businesses along the construction zone.
University Avenue path detour
The multi-use path on the north side of University will be closed between Indian Hills Park to Capital Avenue for construction of the Spring Harbor underpass and various retaining walls. The closure starts Monday (7/9/12) and is expected to last until August 6. Bike and ped traffic should use the sidewalk on the south side. The path segment between Eau Claire Ave. and points east (Blackhawk path) will remain open.
Please water street trees
If you have a newer street tree on the terrace in front or near your house, please give it a drink! During this drought, newer (planted less than two years) trees are especially vulnerable. The city trees as well as your own newly planted trees may require six to eight gallons of water every 10 days. Check the soil for moisture content. The soil should be moist, not saturated. Please water in the early morning or early evening to minimize water loss from evaporation.
Meeting about private wells
If you have your own well instead of city water, you'll want to attend a meeting to discuss implementation of and possible changes to the city's new private well ordinance, Monday, July 16 at 6:30 at the Lussier Community Education Center. (If you can't make that one, there's a second, identical meeting on July 23 at 6:30 at the East Police District.) You will also get a flyer in the mail.
Olbrich home garden tour
The Olbrich home garden tour is coming to our district! The tours are this Friday and Saturday, July 13 and 14 and will feature homes in the Highlands, Woodland Hills and Spring Harbor neighborhoods. Details on the Olbrich Web site.
I welcome your questions and comments about this or any other city issue. Please contact me at email@example.com or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton on-ramp to be closed M...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House