Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
Developer Joe Krupp is proposing redevelopment of the former Good & Loud site at 5225 University Avenue. He plans to demolish the existing 4800 square foot building and replace it with a two-tenant 4000 square foot building. One of the tenant spaces would have a drive-through for a coffee-shop type use, and there would also be shared outdoor seating. No specific tenants are identified in the proposal.
You can read the application and site plans here.
The proposal requires four approvals:
- Urban Design Commission (UDC) initial
- Urban Design Commission final
- Plan Commission demolition permit (for the existing building)
- Plan Commission conditional use permit
Krupp is requesting simultaneous initial and final approval from UDC, which is not unusual for a relatively small project like this. UDC will hold a public hearing (agenda) on Wednesday, December 5 at 4:30 and may grant either or both approvals.
The application will then proceed to Plan Commission on Monday, December 17 (agenda available on 12/13), which will likely act on both the demolition and conditional use.
Krupp also presented the plans to the Spriing Harbor Neighborhood Association Board on November 13.
Your comments on the project are welcome, directly with me or at either of the public hearings or both.
I welcome your questions and comments about this or any other city issue. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- Midtown Police District Update Tonight
- MIDTOWN POLICE STATION MEETING THURSDAY
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- New Midtown police district likely t...
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote today!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton on-ramp to be closed M...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Ramp and Bike Path Closures, Old Mid...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- Ahrens and Clear Launch City Governm...
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- Surprise! Half-Marathon in our neigh...
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House