Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Winter storm Saturday update
Hi folks, here are some important updates on the continuing cleanup efforts:
It took over 24 hours for all of the city's side streets to be cleared, and some still need more work. The complicating factors were the heavy, wet snow, a lot of down trees and limbs, stuck vehicles blocking the streets, and, most significantly for our part of town, some contractors that bailed before their routes were done. (Most of the residential streets in our area are cleared by contractors, while city crews do the collector and arterial streets.) While we can't change the snow, we can and will demand better performance from our contractors.
The Streets Division had crews working overnight Friday on residential streets completing work on cul de sacs and circles and doing push backs and alternate side plow backs. During the day on Saturday they have two shifts concentrating on opening up salt routes and continuing operations on sidewalks and bus stops.
Starting at midnight on Sunday crews will again focus on clean up of residential streets and more alternate side plow backs. They will also continue clean up on cul de sacs, circles, sidewalks and bus stops.
If your street has not been cleared, please let me know.
Refuse and Recycling Collection
Missed the Friday collection? You're not alone! Crews will return on Monday (normally a holiday) to cover missed areas. Please put your cart(s) out by 7am and dig them out if needed. Report your address here to ensure you get serviced.
Large item collection ("the claw") is suspended until further notice.
Curb Cut blow-outs
I've had several reports of plows overdoing it on pushing back curb cuts on corners, resulting in turf damage and big piles of snow on the sidewalk. If this happened to you, please let me know.
This was an extraordinary storm and has required extraordinary efforts and time to clean up. Please join me in thanking our hard-working city crews. I also thank all of you for your patience with the progress of their work. Stay safe and happy holidays.
I welcome your questions and comments about this or any other city issue. Please contact me at email@example.com or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- MIDTOWN POLICE STATION MEETING THURSDAY
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- New Midtown police district likely t...
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote today!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- North Gammon Road: meeting results a...
- Old Middleton on-ramp to be closed M...
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Ramp and Bike Path Closures, Old Mid...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- What's happening on N. Gammon Road?
- About Little Manhattan
- Ahrens and Clear Launch City Governm...
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District 19 News and Notes, March 31...
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Police training exercises at Spring ...
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- Surprise! Half-Marathon in our neigh...
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House