Alder Mark Clear
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Proposed Metro Transit changes may affect you
If you ride Madison Metro from District 19, some proposed route and schedule changes may affect you. For brevity, I've oversimplified these changes and listed only those that affect service to our neighborhoods, so you may wish to read about all of the proposed changes and find out how to give your feedback on the Madison Metro Web site.
Proposed change: Eliminate Sheboygan Avenue and stay on Regent. St. between Segoe and Eau Claire.
Goals: Reduce overcrowding; reduce travel times between west side and campus/downtown
Proposed change: Eliminate Sheboygan Avenue during peak times and stay on Old Middleton between Segoe and Whitney Way. The "bypass" route would be used during east bound runs in the morning commute and west bound runs in the evening commute. Other trips would retain the current route.
Goal: Reduce overcrowding
NOTE: Under this proposal, routes 9 and 10, which currently serve campus/east side areas, would be extended to Sheboygan Avenue.
Routes 71 and 72
Proposed Change: Express service between UW Campus and Whitney Way. Buses would not stop between Whitney Way and the UW Campus except at Midvale and at University Bay/Farley. Stops in the Spring Harbor neighborhood would not be affected.
Goals: Reduce travel times and overcrowding
There are lots of other changes to Madison Metro being proposed, so please review the details. On Wednesday, April 10, Metro Transit and the City of Madison Transit and Parking Commission will hold a public hearing at 6 PM to discuss service changes proposed to go into effect in August. The hearing is in Room 260 of the Madison Municipal Building, 215 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
I welcome your questions and comments about this or any other city issue. Please contact me at email@example.com or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.
Email to a friend
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Alder Clear, District 19 email list:
- Coming soon: property tax installments
- Fire Station 2 Remodel
- Say farewell to Capt. Lengfeld with ...
- When will my leaves be picked up?
- Winter storm Saturday update
- Winter storm update
- 2012 City Budget Recap
- City Budget Week: Things to watch
- In defense of the Edgewater TIF
- No, we are not closing the Ashman Li...
- Opposing property tax exemptions
- Redevelopment at 5225 University Avenue
- Two University Crossing meetings thi...
- University Crossing approved by Comm...
- University Crossing approved by Plan...
- University Crossing Update
- Did you vote yet? Polls are open unt...
- Going away for Spring Break? Vote Fi...
- Important Tuesday election info
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Vote on Tuesday!
- Beltline closed tonight!
- Old Middleton ramp closed starting M...
- Reminder: Old Middleton on-ramp clos...
- University Avenue Construction Survi...
- University Avenue pre-construction i...
- University Avenue repaving -- Surprise!
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming M...
- Unversity Avenue lane shift coming T...
- About Little Manhattan
- ATC power line open house Thursday
- District 19 News and Notes for March 10
- District news and notes December 1
- District News and Notes for December 8
- District News and Notes for March 1
- District News and Notes for March 26
- MedDrop event this Saturday
- Neighborhood news and notes for Apri...
- Neighborhood news and notes for July 8
- Neighborhood news and notes for Sept...
- No water in Spring Harbor area
- Siren testing on Saturday 3/16/13
- Spring Harbor water back on
- Spring Harbor water outage follow up
- The legislature's war on cities
- The next two years
- Zoning Map Open House