Alder Marsha A. Rummel,
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Rummel’s Updates
D6 Items of Interest Week of September 5, 2016
Highlights the week of September 5 include Labor Day on Monday. The Common Council meets on Tuesday. We will hear from representatives from our East Timor Sister City; decide whether to rezone 418 Division St and 414 S Baldwin; receive an update from Planning Staff on the Comp Plan review; select an architect to work on the Public Market; and vote on extending negotiations with MMSD regarding Education Resource Officers in the schools. And much more! Lots of new items for introduction only.. including a resolution to purchase and sell the Sid Boyum house to the local Friends group and several alcohol license applications. Planning for the reconstruction of Atwood from Fair Oaks to Walter street will begin in the next several months. The Parks Division is updating the park fee structure for new developments.
The Mayor introduces his 2017 Capital Budget on Tuesday.
The Spark and Cosmos projects on the 800 blk E Washington will be at Urban Design Commission on Wednesday for an informational presentation.
You are invited to attend two neighborhood meetings this week for two of the license applications mentioned in the Council agenda, see below for details
Tuesday September 6, 2016
6:30p room 201 CCB
4. 44303 Encouraging City of Madison Residents to "Imagine a Day Without Water" on September 15, 2016.
6. 42984 Public Hearing - New License Star UWM LLC • dba 5 Star Barbeque 605 E Washington Ave • Agent: Matthew Reich Estimated Capacity: 90 Class B Beer, Class C Wine • 10% alcohol, 90% food Aldermanic District 6 (Alder Rummel) • Police Sector 400 App and Floor Plan. Sale of Membership Interest
Conditions are 1. Establishment capacity will be no greater than 90 persons. 2. There will be no outdoor seating. 3. Establishment must meet the definition of a restaurant as defined by Madison General Ordinance 38.02
15. 43648 Creating Section 28.022 - 00246 of the Madison General Ordinances to change the zoning of property located at 418 Division Street, 6th Aldermanic District, from TE (Traditional Employment) District to TSS (Traditional Shopping District) to demolish industrial building to construct 29-unit apartment building.
On Aug 29, the Plan Commission reconsidered its decision of Aug 8 to place the project on file. The PC was reviewing the application to rezone from Traditional Employment to Traditional Shopping District and a conditional use application for demolition and a building that exceeds 25K sf, has more than 8 bedrooms and exceeds 4 stories. The Common Council does not review the Conditional Use or Demolition, only rezoning.
There will be a public hearing that neighbors are welcome to attend and register in support/opposition and to speak . If you want to email comments to include in the public record, please send them to Heather Stouder before 4p Tuesday so alders will receive them at their desks, firstname.lastname@example.org
16. 43695 SUBSTITUTE Creating Section 28.022 -- 00248 of the Madison General Ordinances to change the zoning of property located at 414 South Baldwin Street, 6th Aldermanic District, from TR-C4 (Traditional Residential - Consistent District 4) District to TSS (Traditional Shopping Street) District.
The PC added a condition: As related to this conditional use request, the sale of alcohol is prohibited. The future sale of alcohol related to this conditional use request will require a Conditional Use Alteration, subject to Plan Commission review and approval.
27. 35374 Planning Division Staff Update on Comprehensive Plan Revision Process Attachments: 2016-09-01 comp plan overview CC meeting.pdf
53. 43886 Resolution to execute contract with Graham Baba Architects for up to $105,000 to provide site planning and architectural design services for the Madison Public Market.
57. 43976 SUBSTITUTE - Authorizing the Mayor, Police Chief and the City Clerk to sign a contract with the Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD) to provide Educational Resource Officers for the four MMSD high schools for a three-year term, through the 2018-2019 school year.
103. 43296 SUBSTITUTE - Declaring the City of Madison's Intent to Identify Operations Funding for a Permanent Comprehensive Day Resource Center
125. 42270 2nd SUBSTITUTE - Resolution to execute a contract with Graef-USA Inc. for $610,000 to complete architecture/engineering for a Capitol East District Parking Structure
INTRODUCTION OF NEW BUSINESS FOR REFERRAL WITHOUT DEBATE
129. 43500 Amending Sections 16.23(5)(h)1., 16.23(8)(f), 20.04, 20.09(3), and 20.16(5), repealing Sections 20.08(2) and (6), and recreating Section 20.08(2) of the Madison General Ordinances to recreate a combined park impact fee and update the park and open space land dedication requirements for the City of Madison.
132. 44204 Repeal and recreate Section 12.325 of the Madison General Ordinances to limit persons entering or staying on highways.
139. 44260 Amending Sections 28.140(1)(d) and (e) of the Madison General Ordinances to restrict when roof decks, porches, and balconies may be counted as usable open space.
146. 44096 Authorizing the Purchase and Immediate Sale of Sid Boyum's Residence at 237 Waubesa Street.
155. 44195 A Resolution committing the City to provide the same treatment for expenses incurred by the Police and Fire Chiefs in defending complaints before the Police and Fire Commission as the City provides to other Police Officers and Firefighters.
159. 44203 Approving Facade Improvement Grant to Common Wealth Development, Inc. for a project located at 1406 Williamson Street
183. 44302 Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute an agreement with the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation for the improvement of Atwood Avenue (Fair Oaks Avenue to Walter Street). (6th and 15 ADs)
188. 44110 Public Hearing - New License JR Del Valle & Associates, LLC • dba Alma Latina Restaurant 117 S. Butler Street • Agent: Jose Del Valle • Estimated Capacity: 100 Class B Combination Liquor & Beer • 25% alcohol, 75% food Aldermanic District 6 (Alder Rummel) • Police Sector 406 JR Del Valle & Associates application del valle email withdrawal.pdf . The applicant withdrew his application so I am cancelling the neighborhood meeting mentioned in the last update.
189. 44111 Public Hearing - New License Fuegos Steak & Tapas, LLC • dba Fuegos Steak & Tapas 904 Williamson Street • Agent: Sandra Wegner • Estimated Capacity: 150 Class B Combination Liquor & Beer • 30% alcohol, 70% food Aldermanic District 6 (Alder Rummel) • Police Sector 408 Attachments: Fuegos Steak & Tapas application Legislative History 8/17/16 Clerk's Office Referred for Introduction
191. 44113 Public Hearing - New License Growl LLC • dba Barleypop Tap and Shop 2045 Atwood Avenue, Suite 107 • Agent: Jason Hajdik • Estimated Capacity: 80 Class B Beer, Class C Wine • 100% alcohol Aldermanic District 6 (Alder Rummel)
194. 44090 2017 Executive Capital Budget Sponsors: Paul R. Soglin Legislative History 8/12/16 Clerk's Office Referred for Introduction Board of Estimates Public Hearing, Common Council Public Hearing
Wednesday September 7
Urban Design Commission
4:30p room 260 MMB
10. 43555 819 East Washington Avenue - New Development of an Entrepreneurial Hub, "Starting Block Madison (SBM)" Located in "The Spark" in UDD No. 8. 6th Ald. Dist. Owner: LeeAnn Glover, American Family Insurance Applicant: TC Lin & Tom Stacey, Eppstein Uhen Architects Informational Presentation
11. 44223 801, 815 East Washington Avenue/802, 806, 814 East Main Street - New Development of Retail and Office Space, and an Entertainment Venue Known as "The Cosmos" in UDD No. 8. 6th Ald. Dist. Owner: Otto Gebhardt, Gebhardt Development, LLC Applicant: Lee Christensen, Gebhardt Development, LLC Informational Presentation
Wednesday September 7
Madison Food Policy Committee
5:30p room 301 Central Library
The various workgroups, including Pollinators and Healthy Food For All will make presentations.
Wednesday September 7
Fuegos Steak and Tapas 904 Williamson St
7:15p Luke House 310 S Ingersoll St
Please join me for a neighborhood meeting where we will hear about Oscar Villarreal's proposal to open a restaurant, Fuegos Steak and Tapas, at 906 Williamson Street. Mr. Villarreal has applied for a Class B Combination Liquor & Beer License and has future plans for outdoor patio seating. The ALRC is scheduled to hold a public hearing on Sept 21.
Thursday September 8
Stateline Distillery 1413 Northern Ct
6:30p Bethany Evangelical Church 301 Riverside Drive
Please join me for a neighborhood meeting where we will hear about John Mleziva'a proposal to open a distillery with a tasting room, Stateline Distillery at 1413 Northern Ct. Mr. Mleziva needs a conditional use permit from the Plan Commission to operate a tasting room in the TE zoning district. Per state statute a distillery is not required to hold a municipal alcohol license.
Email to a friend