REGISTER AT THE POLLS
Persons who register or change their address at the polls on election day must present acceptable proof of residence. Voters registering for the first time in the State of Wisconsin must provide proof of residence if registering by mail.
Any of the following may be used as proof if it contains the address of residence:
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver’s license or Wisconsin identification card.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- An identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business, which has a photograph of the cardholder, but not a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A residential lease.
- A UW-Madison or Edgewood College ID card with a photograph of the cardholder, if accompanied by a fee statement from within the past nine months.
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the election.
- A bank statement.
- A paycheck.
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government.