911 Center Update
In a reaction to recent displeasures from Dane County emergency providers, County Executive Joe Parisi ordered 911 Center Director John Dejung to implement a "pre-alerting" procedure that would alert fire units to structure fires, outside fires, car fires, and special rescue situations.
The 911 Center Board has oversight of major decisions in the 911 Communications Center for Dane County. Pre-alerting had been studied over the past year by a sub-committee of the Center Board. There are several options to provide pre-alerting, and this sub-committee had been tasked with researching and determining the best method for Dane County. The pre-alerting sub-committee has recommended a model with which to move forward.
I am happy to announce that pre-alerting will start on May 5, 2014. The program will notify the appropriate agency of a fire prior to launching the fire protocols. Meanwhile, staff members from the 911 Center and emergency providers in the County have been working closely in recent weeks to determine the correct data to review. It is very important that all the agencies involved are on the same page when reviewing information regarding call taking, dispatch, and response times.
This is an encouraging step toward quality emergency service delivery.
Subscribe to Email List
- EMS Q&A: Where can I learn CPR?
- EMS Q&A: Did you know MFD paramedics are also firefighters?
- EMS Q&A: What should I expect after calling for an ambulance?
- EMS Q&A: What’s the difference between an EMT and a Paramedic? How many paramedics are on duty?
- EMS Q&A: Why does a fire truck come when I call for an ambulance?
Emergency Medical Services
Learn About The Madison Fire Department
- 100 Black Men of Madison
- A Day In The Life Of A Madison Firefighter
- CARE Program
- Central Storage Warehouse fire
- Community Outreach
- Emergency Operation Center
- Fire Academy
- Fire Admin Project
- Fire Hydrants
- Fire Prevention Division
- fire prevention month
- Fire Prevention Week
- Fire Stations
- Ice Safety
- Join the Team
- Madison Fire EMS
- Madison Police
- Meet the MFD
- MFD Frequently Asked Questions
- public health
- Public Safety
- Rural Water Movement
- Town of Blooming Grove
- Town of Burke
- Training & Professional Development
- Veterans Day
- Winter Safety