Madison Fire Department receives Public Health Award
The City of Madison Fire Department was recently recognized by Public Health of Madison & Dane County for our Ebola Preparedness and Response. Recognition was also given to Meriter Hospital and the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics. Specifically, the award focused on the safe transport and effective management of a patient with possible Ebola Virus Disease in February of this year.
The MFD was successful in this endeavor due to the tireless efforts of many agencies and individuals to include the Dane County 9-1-1 Center, Dane County EMS, Dr. Michael Lohmeier, the MFD Training Division, MFD Hazardous Incident Team and all of the MFD members that trained and prepared during the months leading up to the event.
We would like to thank Public Health for their support and recognize all of those involved in helping to keep the citizens of the City of Madison and Dane County safe.
The MFD will continue to prepare, train and communicate with Public Health and local healthcare providers to remain fully capable of managing patients with infectious diseases.
Subscribe to Email List
- EMS Q&A: Where can I learn CPR?
- EMS Q&A: Did you know MFD paramedics are also firefighters?
- EMS Q&A: What should I expect after calling for an ambulance?
- EMS Q&A: What’s the difference between an EMT and a Paramedic? How many paramedics are on duty?
- EMS Q&A: Why does a fire truck come when I call for an ambulance?
Emergency Medical Services
Learn About The Madison Fire Department
- 100 Black Men of Madison
- A Day In The Life Of A Madison Firefighter
- CARE Program
- Central Storage Warehouse fire
- Community Outreach
- Emergency Operation Center
- Fire Academy
- Fire Admin Project
- Fire Hydrants
- Fire Prevention Division
- fire prevention month
- Fire Prevention Week
- Fire Stations
- Ice Safety
- Join the Team
- Madison Fire EMS
- Madison Police
- Meet the MFD
- MFD Frequently Asked Questions
- public health
- Public Safety
- Rural Water Movement
- Town of Blooming Grove
- Town of Burke
- Training & Professional Development
- Veterans Day
- Winter Safety