Burned Food Causes Smoke Scare In Downtown Apartment

Incident Type
Smoke Scare
Dispatch
Friday, June 1, 2018 - 4:24am
Arrival
Friday, June 1, 2018 - 4:30am
Address
200 Block Lakelawn Place
Madison, WI
Narrative

Firefighters responded to a downtown apartment building after neighbors noticed alarms sounding and smoke coming from one of the units inside.

Ladder Company 1 noticed the smell of burned food upon entering the building, but without a key vault to allow them entry into the unit in question, the crew was left with no choice but to force entry.

Firefighters discovered an overcooked pot of macaroni and cheese on the stovetop, and one occupant was found sleeping soundly in another room. She explained she went to lie down while waiting for her food to cook and accidentally fell asleep.

The burning food was caught in time to prevent any damage or harm to the occupant.

Posted 06/04/2018 - 10:34am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)