Burning Blanket Causes Evacuation of 4-Unit Apartment

Incident Type
Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 2:55am
1200 Block E. Dayton St
Madison, WI 53703

A burning blanket caused a fire in a 4-unit apartment downtown, evacuating occupants in the early morning hours.

A full fire response was activated at 3:00 Tuesday morning. Firefighters responded to the 1200 block of E. Dayton Street.

An occupant called 911 to report the fire and was working on waking everyone up.

When crews arrived at the apartment complex, they noticed light smoke coming from the front of the building and several occupants evacuating.

Engine 3's crew pounded on a front window on the lower level to alert additional occupants of the fire. Firefighters assisted three people out of the structure.

Firefighters found the burning blanket in the living room, which was quickly extinguished.

No injuries to report.


Posted 07/26/2017 - 10:13am

Bernadette Galvez, 608-243-0180