Charcoal May Have Contributed To Stovetop Fire

Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Thursday, October 4, 2018 - 1:35pm
Arrival
Thursday, October 4, 2018 - 1:41pm
Address
2900 Block Curry Parkway
Madison, WI
Narrative

Nobody was injured or displaced by a cooking fire that occurred on the 2900 block of Curry Parkway.  Ladder Company 6, Medic 6, and other firefighting crews responded around 1:30 p.m. following reports of smoke alarms sounding in an apartment.

An occupant reports she was cooking when something inside the stove to start on fire. Upon investigation, firefighters found discs of charcoal inside the stove, which may have contributed to the fire. The tenant was told not to use charcoal on the stove as a repeat incident would likely occur.

Posted 10/05/2018 - 8:40am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)