Clothes Catch Fire at West Side Laundromat

Incident Type
Excessive heat/scorch
Tuesday, December 5, 2017 - 12:58pm
Tuesday, December 5, 2017 - 1:04pm
2800 Block Todd Drive
Madison, WI

The Madison Fire Department was called to a west-side Laundromat following reports of a fire outside the building. The small fire, which was comprised of bath towels and other clothing, was not a risk to the structure.

Witnesses said someone saw smoke coming from the dryer and opened the dryer door while another person retrieved a fire extinguisher. The two thought they had the fire out when they took the clothes outside, but by the time firefighters arrived, the fire had reignited. Ladder 6 applied more water to the fire to ensure it was completely out.

Nobody was injured during the incident.

Posted 12/06/2017 - 1:53pm

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)