Incident Type
Smoking
Dispatch
Monday, August 28, 2017 - 10:40am
Arrival
Monday, August 28, 2017 - 10:44am
Address
Millstone Road
Madison, WI
Narrative

Smoking materials discarded in a plastic container are believed to be the cause of a fire outside a group home Monday.

When Ladder Company 2 arrived to Millstone Road, they were approached by an employee who said there was a fire on the rear deck but it had been extinguished. Firefighters overhauled the area where the fire occurred and checked to ensure the fire hadn’t spread into walls and other areas. No fire extension was found, but firefighters did spray the area with water to cool it down.

Damage was contained to the deck and adjacent siding. The container, which had been used by employees as a cigarette receptacle, was completely destroyed. Nobody was injured or displaced by the fire.

Posted 08/29/2017 - 7:46am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)