Fire In Commercial Sweeper Contained At Camp Randall Stadium

Incident Type
Appliance
Dispatch
Monday, July 9, 2018 - 2:20pm
Arrival
Monday, July 9, 2018 - 2:26pm
Address
1400 Block Monroe Street
Madison, WI
Narrative

The Madison Fire Department responded to Camp Randall Stadium Monday afternoon after a commercial sweeper caught on fire.

Engine Company 1 arrived to find the sweeper still smoking. Camp Randall staff had already extinguished the flames using two dry chemical extinguishers. Firefighters opened the engine compartment to confirm the fire was completely extinguished and to cool down the machine. They also removed its fuel source to eliminate the chances of a second fire.

No additional damage resulted from the fire, and nobody was injured.

Posted 07/10/2018 - 7:38am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)