Fire Uncovers Flaws In Gas Grill On Southeast Side

Incident Type
Thursday, August 3, 2017 - 5:08pm
Thursday, August 3, 2017 - 5:19pm
6200 Block Eagle Cave Drive
Madison, WI 53558

Firefighters responded to the 6200 block of Eagle Cave Drive, where a grill reportedly started on fire.

When Engine Company 5 arrived, occupants stated they sprayed a garden hose on the grill after they saw fire coming from the sides while cooking. Nobody was injured.

Firefighters inspected the grill, finding that the connection between the grill regulator and the tank was damaged. The 15-pound propane tank involved was also leaking even though the valve was in the closed position.

Firefighters removed the tank and set it in a safe place to off-gas without impacting nearby homes. They returned the tank to its owners and recommended it be disposed.  

Posted 08/04/2017 - 10:26am

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)