Grease Spill Ignites Grill Fire On Barby Lane

Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 7:36pm
Arrival
Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 7:39pm
Address
4100 Block Barby Lane
Madison, WI
Narrative

Firefighters were sent to a home on Barby Lane after the grease pan on a gas grill tipped near the propane tank, igniting a small fire. Residents were able to extinguish the fire with baking soda and some water.

A fair amount of smoke had entered the home as a result of the fire. Engine Company 10 ventilated the interior to clear the air. Firefighters advised residents to replace the propane tank and supply hose with new ones, and to clean the grill of carcinogens and grease buildup.

Posted 07/12/2018 - 10:35am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)