Neighbor Puts A Stop To Fire Inside Oven

Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Saturday, September 8, 2018 - 11:17pm
Arrival
Saturday, September 8, 2018 - 11:21pm
Address
700 Block Braxton Place
Madison, WI
Narrative

Firefighters responded to an apartment on Braxton Place after an occupant dozed off while cooking sausages in the oven.

A building maintenance worker who lives nearby was notified of a fire alarm in the building and used his master keys to enter the unit. He found light smoke in the apartment and checked the oven. That’s where he found a small pan on fire inside. He put out the fire with a short blast from a fire extinguisher and took the pan out onto the outdoor balcony.

Upon their arrival, Engine Company 4 inspected the adjacent areas in the kitchen for excessive heat and confirmed there was no further threat of fire.

Nobody was injured and no damage occurred during the incident.

Posted 09/10/2018 - 11:39am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)