Neighbor Smells Something Burning In Nearby Apartment, One Taken to Detox

Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 11:35pm
Arrival
Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 11:37pm
Address
200 Block Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53703
Narrative

A resident in a Langdon Street apartment building called 911 when he smelled something burning in a neighboring apartment but no one answered the door.

Firefighters arrived just two minutes after receiving the call and located the third-floor apartment where there seemed to be a problem. After gaining entry to the unit, firefighters discovered a pan on a hot stove with large amounts of smoke filling the room.

The occupant returned to the property while MFD was still on scene and was under the influence of alcohol. MPD made the determination to transport him to detox.

After firefighters cleared the floor of smoke, the building’s alarm system was reset and crews left the scene around 11:55 p.m.

Posted 11/01/2017 - 8:36am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)