Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 - 10:08am
Arrival
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 - 10:13am
Address
3700 Block Portage Road
Madison, WI 53704
Narrative

A Portage Road resident was boiling eggs and heating oil to fry food when the oil ignited. The occupant extinguished the fire, but it did cause minor damage to her kitchen.

Engine Company 8 entered the duplex and found an area of the stove and a portion of the mounted microwave above it melted. There was also some charring on the cabinets above the microwave.

Firefighters pulled the stove away from the wall and unplugged it. They advised the occupant to contact her landlord and explain what happened. She was not displaced by the fire, and she was not injured.

Posted 09/07/2017 - 9:10am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)