Small Fire Damages Dehumidifier, Other Items, In West Side Basement

Incident Type
Structure
Dispatch
Friday, September 8, 2017 - 7:14am
Arrival
Friday, September 8, 2017 - 7:20am
Address
6200 Block Thornebury Drive
Madison, WI
Narrative

Firefighters arrived at a residence on Thornebury Drive after occupants reported a fire in the basement. While en route to the home, firefighters were notified by dispatchers that the fire was out.

Upon arrival, the occupants told Engine Company 7 they believed the fire was confined to the dehumidifier, and that a fire extinguisher had already been used on it.

Firefighter encountered a lot of smoke in the basement, but the fire was out. The dehumidifier was heavily damaged and will need to be replaced. A number of plastic items located near the dehumidifier also melted during the incident.

Ladder 7 and Engine 7 stayed on scene for a while until the home was thoroughly ventilated. Nobody was injured or displaced.

Posted 09/11/2017 - 10:34am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)