Incident Type
Smoking
Dispatch
Friday, July 14, 2017 - 11:29am
Arrival
Friday, July 14, 2017 - 11:36am
Address
Powers Ave
Madison, WI 53714
Narrative

Carelessly discarded smoking materials were determined to be the cause of a mattress fire on Powers Avenue Friday.

Firefighters received the call around 11:30 a.m. and found light smoke inside the home upon arrival. Engine Company 8 located the burning mattress inside one of the bedrooms and extinguished the fire with a water can extinguisher as occupants waited outside.

The mattress and two pillows were removed from the residence due to persistent burning. Fire damage was contained to just the mattress and pillows, and nobody was injured or displaced by the fire.

Posted 07/17/2017 - 11:22am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)