Soldering Project Ignites Small Fire In Area Home

Incident Type
Structure
Dispatch
Wednesday, March 7, 2018 - 3:07pm
Arrival
Wednesday, March 7, 2018 - 3:12pm
Address
4000 Block Chippewa Drive
Madison, WI
Narrative

Firefighters responded to a west-side residence after a home improvement project resulted in a small fire. Nobody was injured or displaced.

Engine Company 9 arrived at the 4000 block of Chippewa Drive and made contact with a resident who said he was using a propane torch to solder a water line for his shower. That started a small fire in a bedroom wall adjacent to the bathroom.

Firefighters entered the home and checked out the area, where they found light smoke coming from an access panel along the wall. Using a water can extinguisher, firefighters wet down the area and found some additional fire extending inside the wall. They applied additional water to put a stop the fire and prevent further damage.

Posted 03/08/2018 - 9:44am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)