Stove Source of CO Alarm Activiation

Incident Type
Carbon Monoxide
Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 8:50pm
3100 Block Hermina Street
Madison, WI 53714

East side Firefighters from Station 8 responded to a 911 call when her Carbon Monoxide alarm activated. The resident said she was not feeling ill, but said she had been cooking prior to the CO activation.

Firefighters detected initial CO reading of 40 parts per million in the living room and slightly lower readings in the kitchen and low teens in the basement. All appliances that produce CO were checked. The home was ventilated and CO levels were back to normal.

Upon further investigation, a firefighter noticed one of the burners the resident was using was not seated properly. The crew suggested the resident not use the stove until it was serviced.

Posted 07/25/2017 - 2:16pm

Bernadette Galvez, 608-243-0180