Toasted Taco Shell Causes Minor Smoke Damage In Eagle Heights

Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Friday, September 1, 2017 - 4:50pm
Arrival
Friday, September 1, 2017 - 4:58pm
Address
200 Block Eagle Heights Drive
Madison, WI
Narrative

An Eagle Heights resident was attempting to cook a taco shell in their toaster oven when he started to smell smoke and found flames inside the oven.

A full structure fire response was summoned to the building, and Engine Company 9 was first on scene. The 911 caller met with firefighters outside and said the fire was out.

Engine 9 was taken to the second-story unit, where they found the toaster oven unplugged and some smoke stains on the cabinet above it. There was no flame damage or fire extension.

Posted 09/05/2017 - 8:49am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)