Vehicle Damaged By Fire On Packers Avenue
The owner of a 1996 Buick Riviera and her family began to see smoke coming from her car while it was parked in a driveway on Packers Avenue. When they opened the hood, the engine compartment became fully involved with fire.
As firefighters responded, family members retrieved a garden hose from next door and began spraying the fire, effectively knocking down the flames. Engine Company 8 was soon on scene and continued to cool down the engine compartment with water.
Nobody was injured in the incident, and the fire did not extend to a nearby building. The owner said there was a gasoline leak under the vehicle, and it had been scheduled to go in for repairs the next day.
Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)