Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Monday, August 28, 2017 - 11:50am
Arrival
Monday, August 28, 2017 - 11:53am
Address
10 Block S. Gammon Road
Madison, WI 53711
Narrative

An occupant on S. Gammon Road with heating grease to cook some lunch when she turned away from the stove for a few minutes. She was still in the kitchen when the grease burst into flames. The occupant quickly grabbed some flour and used it to put the fire out.

The Madison Fire Department responded to the apartment to make sure the fire was completely extinguished. Ladder Company 2 also ensured there was no fire extension.

The fire remained confined to the pan the occupant was using to cook, and there was no additional damage.

Posted 08/29/2017 - 7:57am
Contacts

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)