Current News Releases
12/30/2014 Early Morning Fire Causes Extensive Damage to an East Side Home
Early this morning the Madison fire Department responded to a house fire at 222 Harding Street on Madison’s east side. A guest in the home heard the sound of a fire in the storage area next to the upstairs bedroom that he
12/23/2014 Structure Fire at Plan B Nightclub Causes Minimal Damage
Shortly after 10:00 am, construction workers next door to 924 Williamson Street noticed smoke drifting through an interior wall from the business next door. The workers immediately dialed 911 with no delay.
12/15/2014 Keep Your Holidays From Going Up in Flames!
For most of us, the holiday season represents a time for family festivities and good cheer. What few of us consider is that the holiday season is a time when there is an increased risk of home fires.
12/05/2014 Carbon Monoxide Detectors – Not Just a Good Idea But The Law
Carbon Monoxide, a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas which is toxic to humans in concentrations greater than 35 ppm is a product of incomplete combustion of organic matter.
12/03/2014 Red Robin Restaurant
Madison firefighters responded to a fire today at the Red Robin Restaurant on the Eastside at 2440 East Springs Drive in Madison.
11/30/2014 Basement Fire Displaces a West Side Family
The Madison Fire Department was called to a single family home at 6601 Piedmont Road late Saturday afternoon. The homeowner discovered the fire around 4:15 PM, and called 911.
11/27/2014 Balancing Safety & Security During the Holiday Shopping Season
As shoppers search out their deals on Black Friday and beyond, Madison's Fire Marshal has a few tips to keep shoppers mindful of safety.
11/26/2014 Early Morning Fire At West Side Auto Service Center
The Madison Fire Department responded to an early morning fire at The Goodyear Auto Service Center at 437 Commerce Drive on Madison’s west side.
11/25/2014 Thanksgiving Day is Leading Day for Home Cooking Fires
Preparing a meal can be hectic from timing ingredients, to the phone ringing, to the kids calling. With these added pressures, it’s no wonder we can be distracted when cooking.
11/18/2014 Fire In Single Family Home Sends One To Hospital
One person was transported to UW Hospital with non-life threatening injuries after a fire in a single family home which six cats perished. The fire began around 11:49 a.m. at 1409 Acewood Boulevard.
11/15/2014 $150,000+ in Damages At East Side Restaurant Fire
Madison firefighters responded to a fire today at the Great Dane Pub Eastside at 876 Jupiter Drive in Madison.
11/14/2014 Madison Firefighters Extinguish Chimney Fire; Prevent Further Damage
City of Madison firefighters rushed to the scene of a chimney fire this afternoon after a neighbor across the street from the home saw flames coming from the chimney.