Current News Releases
06/18/2009 Madison Safety Town Opens for 6th Season
Franklin Elementary School at 305 Lakeside St. has once again transformed itself into Safety Town.
06/11/2009 Safety Saturday Scheduled for June 13
Safety Saturday is returning to the Capitol Square on June 13 from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
06/08/2009 Child With Lighter Caused Flower Lane Fire
City of Madison Fire investigators have determined that yesterday's fire at 7101 Flower Lane was caused by a 5-year-old boy playing with a lighter.
06/07/2009 One Injured, 8 Families Displaced in West Side Fire
Eight families, several with young children are out of their homes tonight after a fire at 7101 Flower Lane on the City's west side.
06/03/2009 Machinery Caused Robertson Warehouse Fire
City of Madison Fire Investigators have determined that hot embers from a notching machine used in the manufacture and repair of wooden pallets caused the fire at Madison Pallet Recycling on Robertson Road on May 16.
05/30/2009 Bathroom Fire Causes $5,000 Damage
An early morning fire caused approximately $5,000 damage to an apartment at 7634 Radcliffe Drive on Sunday. Nobody was in the apartment at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.
05/27/2009 Alert Neighbor Calls 911 for Chimney Fire
A neighbor from the 101 of S. Whitney Way noticed smoke and flames coming from 5146 Juneau Road and called 911.
05/23/2009 Fire Displaces Apartment Residents
Fire damaged an east side apartment this morning leaving one family without a home. The fire at 222 Swanton Road was reported to firefighters at 3:29 AM.
05/20/2009 Use Caution With Outdoor Fireplaces
For many years, City of Madison residents have been warned of the dangers of unsafe grilling.
05/18/2009 Fire Damages Home's Wall
Fire caused an estimated $10,000 damage to a home at 2264 Monroe Street this morning. Firefighters were called to the scene at 6:59 AM when the residents noticed smoke in their home.
05/15/2009 Fire Damages Eastside Warehouse
City of Madison firefighters responded to a warehouse fire on the City's east side shortly before midnight. A neighbor called 911 at 11:36 with a report of smoke and flames in the building at 4413 Robertson.
05/15/2009 MFD Celebrates EMS Week With 9 New Paramedics
National Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week is May 17-23. It coincides with the beginning of duties for the City's nine newest paramedics.